Serves 4 people
A note from Jackie:
Okay, so it’s wrapped in bacon….. it’s Salmon, and very heart healthy, and so is the asparagus….. so the bacon wrap let’s us feel a wee bit decadent once in a while! Enjoy this one!
(4) 5 or 6 oz. portions of fresh Atlantic salmon
Salt and pepper
8 slices of bacon
1 lb. of butter
1 cup of chardonnay
1/4 teaspoon anise seed
1/4 yellow onion, diced
1/2 cup heavy cream
Juice of one lemon
1 horseradish root
16 spears of asparagus, poached
Garnish—beet micro greens and pea shoots
1. Season salmon with salt and pepper.
2. Wrap salmon with 2 pieces of bacon.
3. Heat up a non-stick skillet. Heat oven to 425 degrees.
4. In the meantime in a sauce pot, add onion, anise seed, and chardonnay. Reduce until chardonnay is cup. Add cream and reduce until sauce is creamy. Add butter and stir until melted. Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
5. Add bacon wrapped salmon to warm skillet. Cook until golden brown on all sides.
6. Move salmon to oven and bake for 4 minutes.
7. Plate salmon on 4 asparagus spears and drizzle with sauce.
8. Scrape horseradish from root and place on top of salmon. Garnish with greens.
9. Serve with a risotto, if desired.